Keys to Success with our Discussions: Our discussions provide you an opportunity to build upon what you read, our lectures, and weekly learning. “Posting just to post” doesn’t cut it — our critical thinking component plays a role here – engage, and utilize weekly learning!
- Our first day is April 3rd – so start on that day so Bb captures your work (posts before weekly due dates will not be captured by Bb)! Our Discussions do align with weekly due dates, so make sure you follow to be counted each week for weekly attendance (i.e. Submit during week due dates Monday, 9am – Monday, 9am EST).
- Early or late posts will not count, so DO follow weekly due dates (see under our Student Center Discussion, Weekly policy)
- Remember, we are all reading the same information from our text, so you want your response to be an analysis vs. regurgitation of what you read; how does this information support your view in regards to our key questions for the week?
- What from Explore, our readings, lectures support your position? Giving us ‘the why’ reinforces your view, and shifts from opinion to critical thinking – a key takeaway of our class.
- Your weekly learning counts! Don’t discount what you think or look to others via the net for answers – how you learn is to explore, and define the ‘so what’ for yourself! Cut/paste does not count as student work.
- Peer learning is such a valuable weekly tool – so use it! Apply what you read, weekly learning to connect then + now. Tell us what you think, why and how you can relate to our world today?
This week’s questions are:
“Baroque Style” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading, our readings (using APA style to credit sources) as the basis of your response:
WE WRITE PAPERS FOR STUDENTS
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your projectWrite My Essay For Me
- How were religious subjects treated by Baroque artists, writers and/or musicians? Include specific examples to support your view on this topic, and how building from our weekly learning, readings? How are religious subjects treated today?
- Listen to one (1) composition that demonstrates the qualities of the Baroque musical style. It may be from the Websites below or from this week’s Music Folder. Identify your choice, and describe it by relating key terms from the textbook to your selection. Explain what you like or admire about the work. Compare it to a modern soundtrack or song that evokes a similar mood.
- What were the principal scientific and philosophical movements of the 17th century? And what historical factors (cultural influences) were shaping such developments and their impact on the arts? Include specific examples to support your analysis here. What do you think are the modern innovations shaping artists’ work today (or how do we see science and philosophy influencing artists?)
- Select two (2) Baroque style paintings from the Websites below that no other student has selected. Identify each as to artist, date, and title or description. From the summaries of the Baroque style’s features in our class text, identify specific key aspects of each painting that fit the Baroque style. Explain why you selected each and what you like or dislike about it. Compare this style to a modern film, type of film, or to a modern situation.
Monteverdi and Vivaldi
- Chapter 21 (pp. 707-710), Baroque music and composers; review the Week 1 “Music Folder”
- Monteverdi’s Orfeo http://www.npr.org/2010/01/08/122328598/the-root-of-all-opera-monteverdi-s-orfeo
- Vivaldi’s “Spring” from Vivaldi: A Man For All Seasons at http://www.npr.org/2011/07/18/104868631/vivaldi-a-man-for-all-seasons and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHPRi0ZeXE (background and lyric translation at http://www.baroquemusic.org/vivaldiseasons.html)
Baroque Visual Arts
- Chapter 21 (pp. 689-691; 701-703) and Chapter 22 (pp. 715-720; 726-735); Baroque style and its characteristics; Baroque in the north
- Baroque samples at https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/monarchy-enlightenment/baroque-art1/beginners-guide-baroque1/a/baroque-art-in-europe-an-introduction; (also seehttp://www.artinthepicture.com/styles/Baroque/ and click on the names of the artists to see their works)
- Examples of Baroque paintings from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam at https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/explore-the-collection/styles/baroque (click on images; go full-screen; click “i” for info on the artist and date and painting)
“Is this question part of your assignment? We will write the assignment for you. click order now and get up to 40% Discount”
The post how-were-religious-subjects-treated-by-baroque-artists-writers-and-or-musicians appeared first on Agessays.
I lOVE this Professional essay writing website. This is perhaps the fifth time I am placing an order with them, and they have not failed me not once! My previous essays and research papers were of excellent quality, as always. With this essay writing website, you can order essays, coursework, projects, discussion, article critique, case study, term papers, research papers, research proposal, capstone project, reaction paper, movie review, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Post your homework questions and get original answers from qualified tutors!